kids pic

kids pic

Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a Trophy Weekend!

We had a fun packed weekend with the end of soccer for Sidney and football for Porter.  These are Sid's team pictures.  She did such a great job and had a lot of fun.

That is her first trophy and it is a very prized possession.  Sidney, "Look, it is SO beautiful!  I will be super careful with it because it is glass."  Me, "It is beautiful, but I don't think it is made of glass."  Sidney, "Look closer!  You didn't see how bea-u-ti-ful it is.  It must be glass!"  I think you can even see her white knuckles locked onto that glass beauty :)

Porter loved flag football this year.  He was totally into it.  He did a great job and learned a lot about being part of a team.  He had interceptions, touch-downs, great catches, great blocks, tackles (pulling of the flags), was a super fast runner, and had some great plays and passes as quarter-back.  Allen helped to coach for a good amount of the season and they had a great time together.   We made it through the season with only one torn bloody fingernail. I doctored that right up and continued to thank my lucky stars that this is Flag Football.  I have been informed by Porter that Dad said he could play tackle football next year and that I am the only hold-up.  Get it together, Mom!  Wow, we ended up with over 300 pictures with this round of soccer and football.  Let's just call that good parenting, O.K.

No comments: