kids pic

kids pic

Friday, October 30, 2009

Carving Pumpkins














The kids have been so excited to carve pumpkins this year. We were all a little more excited since we grew our own pumpkins! This was our first year that all the kids would reach their hand inside! Rylee is our first that would touch the insides at her age.

She was hilarious! I helped her carve her pumpkin while the other kids were still getting started. It didn't take long since she insisted on having the, "tiny, tiny, baby punkin". So she had some time to kill while she waited for everyone else to carve their pumpkins.









So she cleaned it with a paper towel for about 15 minutes. Then, while I was helping Sidney I looked over and realized that she was loading all the seeds back inside her pumpkin! She had fun playing around and was so excited to show off her pumpkin.
Porter and Sidney did a great job and carved their pumpkins all by themselves this year. They followed the pattern and are very happy with how they turned out!