This is Jaxon's excited face because he is going to California for the first time!
(And maybe because for 4 days he gets Mom and Dad all to himself!)
Allen and Jax and I went to CA for our Nephew Tyler's wedding. We left Porter and the girls with my mom and sister.
This is Jax on the airplane.
We stayed with Keri and helped (a little bit) with the food and set up.
Love time with Keri, no matter what we are doing!
Originally I left this out of the post, but then I decided I will need to fess up one day anyway. And it should probably be in our family journal. So here it goes…..The wedding was beautiful and we had some time in between on our way to the reception. So we decided to stop at Walmart for a few things and then catch a few minutes of our other nephews baseball game. So we pull in to the walmart parking lot and I decide to wait in the car with Jaxon, who is sleeping, while Allen runs in. After a few minutes Jax wakes up so I decide we will go in and meet Allen. The car is still running because it is hot and the air conditioner is on. So I get out of the front passenger side and close the door. Then I walk around to the back door on the drivers side to get Jax out………It's LOCKED. All of the doors are locked……I locked my baby in the car.
I call Allen and tell him to please come out to the car. I check all of the windows and doors again. Jaxon is happily smiling at me buckled in his carseat inside the air conditioned car. Allen gets there and we realized we are not going to get anything open. Allen starts calling locksmiths and I start to panic. I can't handle it anymore, I need to get to my baby right now. So we call 911. A few minutes later the fire engine pulls in. Those awesome firefighters worked their magic and unlocked the door. All of a sudden Jax is in my arms and Allen is asking the firefighters if he can take a picture. That Allen, always thinking ahead :)
But seriously, lets think this through a little bit. I usually have at least 4 kids (sometimes more with friends and carpools) I am keeping track of. How do I lock Jax in the car when he is the only one I am taking care of!?! Oh, man. Memories.
Seriously cute boy (who hopefully forgot about the whole car incident) "helping" set up chairs.
For reals, this pictures makes me so happy every time I look at it :)
The Wedding and reception was beautiful! Congratulations Tyler and Tara!
It was a quick but a fun trip. It was so nice to see and spend some time with Allen's family. And for most of them to meet Jaxon for the first time.
Thanks for hosting us Keri!







No comments:
Post a Comment