kids pic

kids pic

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas!



Oh, Christmas!  Things ended up being a little crazy this year :)  
We had fun at school parties and enjoyed the break from school.  My sister and her family were sick so they were not able to celebrate Christmas eve with us :(  We went to my parents house and noticed that Porter had a rash on his arms.  We gave him some benedryl and left to go out to dinner with my parents and brother.  When we got there his rash had turned into full blown hives that were quickly spreading all over his body.  He was MISERABLE.  We decided that we needed to take him to the urgent care to see what to do next.  Luckily there was one nearby so Allen left to take him and I stayed with the kids…..unfortunately it was closed for Christmas Eve.  So they called around and found one further away that said it was open……when they drove all the way there it really wasn't.  Porter was so miserable we decided that he should just take him to the Emergency room.  In the meantime we finished dinner and went back to my parents house.  I was worried about Porter and wishing I was with him.  We didn't want to do our fun Christmas Eve activities without them so we watched a movie and got the girls ready for bed.  Allen called to say they were finished at the ER but had to drive another half and hour away to the only late night pharmacy that was open.  When they finally got home they were both tired and Porter still wasn't feeling much better.  They gave him a stronger dose of benedryl and said it was just a reaction to something or some kind of virus.  By the time we got him settled down and somewhat comfortable in bed we were all a little worn out!  I was really glad it wasn't something more serious and that everyone was home, but I missed celebrating Christmas eve with Allen and Porter and my sister.  Luckily everyone was feeling better in the morning and my sister and her family came and we had a nice low key Christmas day.  

Rylee making a gingerbread man for her school party.
My Mom and Dad got this car for all of the grandkids to keep at their house.  Everyone loved it!

The girls in their matching pajamas :)

After a stressful Christmas eve I was really tired and getting ready to go downstairs to bed.  Everything was quiet and everyone had already gone to bed.  I looked out my parents back door and saw this tree all lit up and covered in fresh snow.  It was so calming to me.  I sat and really thought about Christmas, Jesus Christ,  family and what is most important.  I am grateful for this tender mercy and a sweet moment to catch my breath and reflect on my Savior.
Happy kids ready for Christmas morning!
I am so glad we were all together as a family.  We enjoyed opening gifts, giving gifts to others, spending time together, talking with family far away, sharing memories, and remembering the birth of Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas from the Welch Family!



No comments: