Well it has happened! This cute boy is 8! He has been so excited and keeps saying, "I just can't believe I am 8." Well bud, I can't believe it either. I am excited for you to grow up and experience new things, but I also want to hold on to the little you forever. Dad and I were so excited to have you join our family 8 years ago. There were some complications and we weren't sure we would get you here safe and sound. But on February 25, 2001 at 9:30pm you were born weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces and you were as healthy as could be. I have been hopelessly in love ever since.
Don't mind the small girl in the Krispy Kreme's hat. We took doughnuts in to Porter's class today and the lady at the shop gave Rylee a hat. Apparently she is really into hats and wore it the whole day. We couldn't even get her to take it off for a picture. Thanks doughnut lady.
Speaking of girls wearing things ALL day. Check out Sid's "hands free" ear piece! Allen worked from home today and had his on for a conference call, he gave her the other one to try on and that is where it stayed.
The BEST Birthday Poster from the BEST cousins ever!! Thanks!
Porter started off with a pancake breakfast with birthday candles. Then off to school. Allen surprised him and came to school for lunch. Sidney, Rylee, and I brought in treats for his class. Then home for presents and cake and off to Red Robin for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa! What a fun day.
So now we enter the world of cub scouts. Porter is so excited. We were invited to the Blue and Gold banquet a couple days before his birthday. All the boys were making a dessert to share. Porter wanted to make cupcakes. Here he is doing all the work himself. He really enjoyed getting to do everything and we had a lot of fun doing it together.
We're off with our cupcakes and new scout uniform!
A couple of fun things about Porter. He weighs 54 pounds and is 49 inches tall. He likes star wars, transformers, legos, and nerf shooters. His best friend at school is Gage. He likes 2nd grade. He loves to ride his bike and jump on the trampoline. He likes to play the nintendo wii. He can play almost every song on Guitar Hero on the medium level extremely well, it's really fun to watch! He is great buddies with his Dad and loves to do anything with him. He loves to play sports, football, soccer, basketball....pretty much all sports. He is so much fun to be around and his sisters think he is the greatest. So do I. I love you sweet Porter, Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Okay, thanks for making me cry! the beginning and the end especially! love you porter!
Post a Comment