kids pic

kids pic

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gratitude Day Seventeen-Nov. 17th


Today I am grateful that Porter and Sidney are loving learning how to play the piano.
They had their first recital today.
Porter played "Square dance". Sidney played "Clock shop".
And then they played "Hosanna" together as a duet.
I loved that they played a duet together and I loved seeing them sitting and playing next to each other.
They have been taking lessons since May and they are loving it.
They really enjoy practicing and I love the sound of piano music in the house.
We love their piano teacher.
They were both very nervous to play at the recital, so we had a family prayer before we left and they both did great.  I think they were very proud of themselves.
They even came home and ran in the door to play their songs again.
I am so grateful that they had a positive experience.
I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano and have this dream of me playing beautiful songs on the piano as the kids get ready for bed and fall asleep.....
Well, one day I am going to figure it out! But for now I love listening to them play.

No comments: